Hello everyone reading this 🙂
If you’re new here, I have a thing for traveling. Lately I even tried to move to another state…oh and I’m still attempting to move. The truth is no matter how many times you spend packing your bags or at the airport, there is always something new you learn. Here are a few things I’ve picked up these past years.
- Checked Bags: As far as domestic flights go, Southwest is the only airline that will allow two FREE checked bags. However, if you are alone and plan on having more bags, it is $75 for the third so you just end up paying the same as another airline.
- Frequent Flyer Points: I never knew how simple it was to join a frequent flyer program. I have accounts with both Southwest and Alaska Airlines for FREE. This isn’t the same as a credit card, but I do still get points each time I fly with them. Yes, you can get points from Expedia purchases as well.
- Download Your Airlines App: Every airline has an app these days so make sure you have it before you take off. This makes it easier as you can not only have flight information sent to you in case something changes, but you can also check in when the time comes!
- Check Your Bags In On Time: I actually didn’t know this because I rarely check bags, but arrive AT LEAST 45 minutes before boarding to check your bags in. I was running late one time and checked my bags in 30 minutes prior to boarding and has a risk of getting them late. Fortunately, it worked out fine this time!
- Print Your Boarding Pass: We live in a time where everything is done electronically. As great as it is to have your boarding pass on your phone, I think it is still important to print it as well. Technology lets us down and sometimes we might let ourselves down and drop our phones. Just be safe and have an extra form of a boarding pass on hand.
Have fun on your next adventure! Let me know if you are going on any trip this summer in the comments below!!!
-Suzy [fragile, yet fearless]